Sony VAIO turns on to black screen saying no operating system found how do I fix it?

yanekeebrown

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
Recently my laptop won’t go past the blue screen when I turn it on the first message says the pc ran into a problem and has to be restarted and when it restarts it says no operating system found. I no longer have the disc that came with the laptop is there another way to fix it?

dudio

Admirable
It's possible the hard drive has failed or become corrupted.
Try going into the BIOS and confirming that it's looking for the correct drive with your OS on it at startup, and not trying to boot from something else.

dudio

Admirable
It's possible the hard drive has failed or become corrupted.
Try going into the BIOS and confirming that it's looking for the correct drive with your OS on it at startup, and not trying to boot from something else.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Thaboss6 Laptop Tech Support 1
Bojan1 Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
junior31210 Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 4
K Laptop Tech Support 5
F Laptop Tech Support 4
Travis Becton Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 7
D Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
E Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Sony VAIO: Black screen on start up and then quickly turns off
Question My asus laptop turns on, but the screen stays black
Question Laptop screen turns black randomly
Question Laptop screen turns black when booting into windows 10
Question Laptop turns on but black screen
Discussion My laptop screen turned black and shut down when I Enabled Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 driver
Question When i turn laptop on,keyboard backlight and charging led light turn on but screen is black,fan not spinning and hard disk not on
Question Asus- when I turn on black screen with saying:
My screen on acer aspire one notebook is black and when i turn it on it beeps and then nothing i dont understand
Solved! Lenovo laptop turns on but only shows black screen
I have a evoo laptop and it was working fine.. Today i turn it on and the screen is black.. I got nothing i just got it for ch
Solved! My y7000p-1600 is stuck on a black screen when I turn it on(battery non-removeable)
Solved! My lenova went black screen after being bump...won't turn off either.
Solved! Black screen when laptop turns on
Solved! When I turn on I have a black screen then it reads check cable connection, then under that it's got PXE-MOF:Exiting Intel PXE
Solved! there was some lines over my laptop screen i turn it off and when i turn it on the screen stays black.
Solved! Water spilled on my Lenovo laptop then after 2 weeks the keyboard light was on but the screen turn black what should I do
Solved! My Toshiba Satellite turns on but screen stays black
My Acer Aspire e15 523 screen black when powers up. Screen turns on/off when I move it in certain ways like there's a short so
Solved! Levono 6550, after turning on the screen becom black, what should I do?

ASK THE COMMUNITY