Sony Vegas Pro 13 keeps destroying my audio file HELP!

Yousif_97

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
Hey guys. I wanted to import mkv file to Sony Vegas Pro, but naturally the <mod edit> app doesn't support it. So I had to extract the raw mkv file separately (video and audio files separated into 2 files), then I merged them together into a single file with AVC video and AAC audio codec. It works, but there's a problem. The audio quality is very <mod edit>. I played the merged file in vlc and the audio quality is perfect, but not in Sony Vegas. I thought I could put the video file alone in Vegas, then I'd put the audio file separately (both being separate files, without merging them together). And Viola! The audio quality is perfect, but 3-4 minutes in the video the audio cuts out and lopes over and over again until the audio length matches the video length. WTF Sony?!

Update: I also tried converting the AAC audio file to mp3 using vlc, but that only stopped the file from lopping. However, it still cuts around 3-4 minutes and the rest is gone.

<Watch your language in these forums>

Solution
By source I meant where did you get the files? Create them yourself, downloads from the web, via email from friend.

Are you using fully operable editing software or just trial version with some limits?

What sampling rates are you using?

Yousif_97

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "the source". (not that good with terminologies) But if you mean where the location of the files are, they're in (D:) hard disk and the vegas program is in the (C:) SSD.

By source I meant where did you get the files? Create them yourself, downloads from the web, via email from friend.

Are you using fully operable editing software or just trial version with some limits?

What sampling rates are you using?

Solution

Yousif_97

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016

Torrented the files and the program itself
Both audio and video files' bitrate is 128kbp
Audio sample rate is 44 kHz