Sony Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere

ballerslife

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
I am completely new to video editing, have no experience whatsoever. I want to edit game videos and such, maybe some family vids. I can choose between one, or both. (uncle has adobe, cousin sony). Which one is better for game videos? And direct me to some tutorials?

Solution
Well having used both of them, i sugest you go for sony vegas (since you have never edited), it is quite simple to learn and it is an exceptional software. Even tough i find premiere better it's much more dificult to learn, as it has a lot more functions and the interface is not so simple as vegas. If you have the time and dedication to learn editing to a mid/high level i would 100% sugest premiere, but if you're mostly looking for casual editing sony vegas does not disapoint and is the right choice.

Kurifox

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Well having used both of them, i sugest you go for sony vegas (since you have never edited), it is quite simple to learn and it is an exceptional software. Even tough i find premiere better it's much more dificult to learn, as it has a lot more functions and the interface is not so simple as vegas. If you have the time and dedication to learn editing to a mid/high level i would 100% sugest premiere, but if you're mostly looking for casual editing sony vegas does not disapoint and is the right choice.

Solution

RaisingTheBarHD

Honorable
May 8, 2013

+1 to this response, i have both and vegas is plain and simple to use and edit with. premiere be ready to put some time into to learn everything that it can do

ballerslife

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Yea, I was thinking the same thing since most people I know use sony vegas. Thanks for the answer.