Chaos Water

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I'm looking to buy a new phone on contract, I have been looking at the Sony Xperia Z and the HTC One, both phones look good and feature 4G. I'm looking to spend no more than £30 a month on the Three network, can someone suggest which one is better or are there any other phones worth looking at?

adimeister

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
It depends on what you need bro. Do you need a sturdy phone because you always go on a trail, hike, etc then it suddenly rains? Then xperia z is perfect for you. Are you more into social media, taking quality pix, play music, then htc one. Both are fast, more than what you need actually. On paper both looks good but on the benchmarks, the htc one wins.

spp85

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
HTC One had better display especially viewing angles when compared to any Sony phones. Sony Xperias camera is not that impressive, its ok at best. So I would go with HTC One.

blademaster123

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
HTC One Pros: Lovely screen, Front facing stereo speakers (they are lovely), Snapdragon 600, Good at low light pictures, Premium feel
Xperia Z Pros: Water proof and Dust proof, Sturdy build quality
HTC One cons: No MicroSD Slot,Non removable battery
Xperia Z cons: The screen has awful viewing angles, Processor isn't as strong as HTC One, Non removable battery, Camera is good in day shots but not that good in dark shots.

To conclude I'd say the HTC One is the best phone for you, it is a great phone. It has a lovely display with good viewing angles, a more suitable processor for the resolution, the front facing speakers are really good as well. However if you do a lot of physical activity e.g swimming, hiking then the Xperia Z is a good choice due it being Dust and Water proof.

ekuhner

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Hopefully you've already purchased your HTC One, but if you have not, let me tell you a few more reasons why the HTC One is the phone to get:

Camera - not just the sensor but the entire experience. It captures amazing pictures in all kinds of situations, but it also does these killer images called ZOE - it's a picture with a 3 second video that makes the picture come alive in your gallery. They also create these highlight videos that look and feel very professionally done. I get compliments all the time when i share the highlight videos, and they take no effort on my part!

Design - hands down the most beautiful smartphone on the planet today. It's all metal except for the glass. It feels incredible when you hold it with this beautiful curve on the back. and the front design is incredibly unique with dual front facing speakers.

Speaking of speakers - the audio is incredible. the front speakers can produce some really nice sound and are great for use in your office, bedroom, hotel, and almost any place you'd want to listen to music without headphones.

Then there are the specs - high end processor, lots of RAM, multiple storage options - 32GB or 64GB, and more.

The HTC One will definitely be a great choice for you!