Sony's Android-powered X10 $50 From Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisjust98

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
I don't know but I'm pretty sure that $50 price tag is with a contract. Considering that it costs ~$550 everywhere else. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

vcbb10

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
The only way this is worthy of being news on tom's is if it is $50 without a contract. It won't be. So this isn't worth being on tom's.

G

"Sony's Android-powered X10 $50 From Amazon" - Just to clear things up: Sony no longer makes cellphones. X10 is a product of SonyEricsson which operates independently (decision wise) from both Sony and Ericsson. Calling it "Sony's X10" is totally wrong.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]So they've managed a typo in both the title AND the article?Good job again, Toms.[/citation]

You must be new here. Tom's is note a site that cares about journalistic credibility on the news front nor is it a site that cares to hire writers that know how to write. I've literally seen 7th graders with better proof-reading skills than most of the Tom's news writing staff. I'm wholly convinced that they don't proof-read at all. As in none. It really is quite appalling which is why I come here less and less.

Every journalist will make a mistake every once in a while but the Tom's news staff has it bass ackwards. Every once in a while they don't make a mistake. It's rare. And sad.

G

Good reading comprehension guys: "if you're willing to wait a week, $49.99 on Amazon.com". The article is from today/yesterday... the website advertises sales that are valid today... today is not a week from the 9th.

You can't automatically assume the author is wrong based on evidence that is capable of being invalidated tomarrow.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
You can get an HTC Aria phone for free through AT&T. It's better to have a smaller screen and Android 2.1 than a larger screen with some severely outdated version of Android. The Aria will likely see Froyo soon too. This Sony phone will probably get Android 2.1 long after Gingerbread comes out. What a waste of money.

G

Got mine from Rogers last week. Mine shipped with a 16gb microsd. 1.6 is a bit of a letdown but hopefully we will see an update soon. $50 wouldn't even cover the cost of the microsd card.

Status
Not open for further replies.