Sony's Motion Controller Delayed Until the Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I think they might have just not perfected it yet. Waiting for game developers to tell them what's missing from the controler.

I fail to see why they would want to launch at the same time as MS and not before.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
They probably looked at the launch of other peripherals like any light gun ever released and there own Eye Toy for PS2 which had 1-2 games available on release. They saw the lousy sales numbers of those games and devices and thought, "Lets make 25 crappy games for release instead of just 1-2 to make up for it! GENIUS!" *coughwiisalesmodelcough* In the end they can brag about the devices sales numbers and omit the crappy sales numbers for the games. Personally I hope it works out so that at least 1 game will be fun and not a dust collector used to acquire some magic wand.

-unknown-

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
It makes sense. Line yourself up closely to release your new product around your competitors new product and you avoid yours from becoming 'old news'.

Hopefully, Sony puts this extra time to good use as opposed to just delaying a product for no other reason.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]eyemaster[/nom]I think they might have just not perfected it yet. Waiting for game developers to tell them what's missing from the controler.I fail to see why they would want to launch at the same time as MS and not before.[/citation]
if your going up against the WII you have to be on your game and not have games plagued with bad controls like tony hawk skate.

angelo621_78

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
well its good to know that they not drop that motion stuff.
i imagine playing online MLB using motion sensor. thats realy fun!

G

I wish they would come out with it sooner

Oliver
http://www.disaster-survival-kit.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.