sorry didn't specify

Glenn

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
52
0
18,580
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

i need to button map with windows media player 8 in the
registry: hklm/software/microsoft/windows media
player/button map- can someone please tell me what values
i should put in that key so that the buttons will be
mapped?
-thanks again
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

"glenn" <gandersonmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:21bcc01c45bef$00dd48f0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> i need to button map with windows media player 8 in the
> registry: hklm/software/microsoft/windows media
> player/button map- can someone please tell me what values
> i should put in that key so that the buttons will be
> mapped?
> -thanks again

Why using the Registry?

On my ppc I can use Start Menu, Settings, Buttons and assign WMP to a button
there.
 

Glenn

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
52
0
18,580
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

i need button mapping for WMP, like when i press the left
button it goes to a previous track and when i press right
it goes to the next one. i have a cassiopeia, and it
doesn't have a start menu anyway, and it doesn't have any
settings for WMP. that's why i need to know the values
needed in the button map key in the registry

>-----Original Message-----
>
>"glenn" <gandersonmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:21bcc01c45bef$00dd48f0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>> i need to button map with windows media player 8 in the
>> registry: hklm/software/microsoft/windows media
>> player/button map- can someone please tell me what
values
>> i should put in that key so that the buttons will be
>> mapped?
>> -thanks again
>
>Why using the Registry?
>
>On my ppc I can use Start Menu, Settings, Buttons and
assign WMP to a button
>there.
>
>
>.
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

"Glenn" <gandersonmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:21d2001c45c4c$105f2fc0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> i need button mapping for WMP, like when i press the left
> button it goes to a previous track and when i press right
> it goes to the next one. i have a cassiopeia, and it
> doesn't have a start menu anyway, and it doesn't have any
> settings for WMP. that's why i need to know the values
> needed in the button map key in the registry
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >
> >"glenn" <gandersonmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >news:21bcc01c45bef$00dd48f0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> >> i need to button map with windows media player 8 in the
> >> registry: hklm/software/microsoft/windows media
> >> player/button map- can someone please tell me what
> values
> >> i should put in that key so that the buttons will be
> >> mapped?
> >> -thanks again
> >
> >Why using the Registry?
> >
> >On my ppc I can use Start Menu, Settings, Buttons and
> assign WMP to a button
> >there.
> >
> >
> >.
> >

Try HKLM\software\microsoft\shell\keys

These keys show the apps I have set on my ppc to run when one of the
external buttons is pressed. I don't know if you can link these to actions
within a program though, but I'd think it's just program launch.

WMP9 has a Tools menu option, settings, then button allows choice of play,
pause, next track, last track etc. Does WMP8 not have these settings?
 

Glenn

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
52
0
18,580
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

>WMP9 has a Tools menu option, settings, then button
allows choice of play,
>pause, next track, last track etc. Does WMP8 not have
these settings?

Yes, that's what i am talking about. Where did you get
WMP9?? All i can get from Microsoft is 7.1 and an 8
upgrade... i HAVE to use the registry to button map.
I don't have the Tools menu. I have a cassiopeia. can you
please tell me what values are in the button map key when
the buttons are mapped? -thanks
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

"glenn" <gandersonmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:2222f01c45ca8$8152e0d0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>
> >WMP9 has a Tools menu option, settings, then button
> allows choice of play,
> >pause, next track, last track etc. Does WMP8 not have
> these settings?
>
> Yes, that's what i am talking about. Where did you get
> WMP9?? All i can get from Microsoft is 7.1 and an 8
> upgrade... i HAVE to use the registry to button map.
> I don't have the Tools menu. I have a cassiopeia. can you
> please tell me what values are in the button map key when
> the buttons are mapped? -thanks

WMP9 is built in to ROM, I don't think it is available as an upgrade though.

As I don't have a Casiopedia I don't know your machine or its capabilities
but the functions you want aren't something you can map to the keys using
the registry settings as far as I know. These mappings are done from within
WMP9, not externally to the program.
 

Glenn

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
52
0
18,580
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

I restored eXpod onto my cassiopeia and it seems to be a
pocket pc os clone or something, because when i went to
wmp 7.1, i saw the tools at the bottom and i am now able
to button map. thanks for your help. i can see why it
seemed so simple to button map without the registry with
an actual pocket pc device. thanks again!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

:eek:)


"glenn" <gandersonmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:222a201c45cbb$c63442d0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> I restored eXpod onto my cassiopeia and it seems to be a
> pocket pc os clone or something, because when i went to
> wmp 7.1, i saw the tools at the bottom and i am now able
> to button map. thanks for your help. i can see why it
> seemed so simple to button map without the registry with
> an actual pocket pc device. thanks again!
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY