sound bar making static sound on left speaker when watching movies

ievi

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
The sound bar seems to work with no issue with my computer, but when i play blu rays at specific sections of the movie the noise gets really crackly and distorted at 15 volume.

I have tried different ways to connect the devices but seem to still be having the issue. The thing is the cracking does not occur though the movie only in specific sections.

Setup:

optical cable connected to pc and soundbar
hdmi-arc connected to sound bar and monitor
hdmi audio only blu ray player connected to sound bar

Devices
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27" 2K
Sound bar: SAMSUNG - harman/kardon HW-N850
Blu ray player: SAMSUNG UBD-M9500

Not sure what the issue could be any advice would be much appreciated

Your BD discs have much more dynamic range than you would usually get from a PC. That means that the difference between the lowest and loudest sounds are greater. You have to turn the volume up enough to understand the dialogue so that's your minimum volume setting which might be to high when the movie gets loud.
Soundbars don't have the ability to reproduce that much range so you are probably just hearing distortion when the movie soundtrack gets too loud for the soundbar.
If you check the menu of the BD player there may be a setting that will reduce the dynamic range. It could be called late night or midnight mode. Check the manual of the soundbar too.

Your BD discs have much more dynamic range than you would usually get from a PC. That means that the difference between the lowest and loudest sounds are greater. You have to turn the volume up enough to understand the dialogue so that's your minimum volume setting which might be to high when the movie gets loud.
Soundbars don't have the ability to reproduce that much range so you are probably just hearing distortion when the movie soundtrack gets too loud for the soundbar.
If you check the menu of the BD player there may be a setting that will reduce the dynamic range. It could be called late night or midnight mode. Check the manual of the soundbar too.

ievi

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
I was switching the audio channels and put the audio channel to WI-FI so the blu ray player connects to my soundbar on my network. And just tested the same movie and cracking sound has vanished.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Audio 2
F Audio 6
M Audio 1
D Audio 3
S Audio 3
I Audio 2
Z Audio 1
T Audio 2
M Audio 3
S Audio 1
3 Audio 1