Thinking of switching sound bar for a Dolby atmos sound bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ievi

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
I recently purchased the Samsung HW-MS550 sound bar and was thinking about returning it and changing it for the SAMSUNG HW-K950. Is this sound bar worth the price and will I be able to utilize the Dolby atoms feature with my setup?

soundbar connects to computer via optical cable.
soundbar connects to blu ray player via hdmi.
Monitor connects to blu ray player via hdmi.

Any advice/recommendation would be much appreciated

Solution
To do Atmos correctly you do need ceiling speakers and all your other speakers need to be near ear level. To make money Dolby offers the option of having upward facing speakers either as add ons or built into speakers and soundbars. It just doesn't work the same way but they know that ceiling speakers are not going to happen for most people.
If you have 1000 quid to spend get an AVR and 5.1 speakers. It will sound better and be more easily updated and upgraded down the road.
To do Atmos correctly you do need ceiling speakers and all your other speakers need to be near ear level. To make money Dolby offers the option of having upward facing speakers either as add ons or built into speakers and soundbars. It just doesn't work the same way but they know that ceiling speakers are not going to happen for most people.
If you have 1000 quid to spend get an AVR and 5.1 speakers. It will sound better and be more easily updated and upgraded down the road.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.