Sound Blaster Cinema 3 "There is no supported audio device avaliable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hushpuppi3

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014
I just built a new pc and I bought the Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming mobo. I installed Realtek High Definition Audio and Sound Blaster Cinema 3 from the motherboard's support site and it worked fine... That is, until I reinstalled windows (and essentially wiped my hard drive). Now for some reason when I try to launch Sound Blaster Cinema 3 it gives me this message

d3e566769209f9ffa94e7570bc49172a.png

if I hit "yes" it pops up with another dialog box saying "There is no supported audio device avaliable." and then launches the application with everything greyed out, unusable. So far I've tried uninstalling Realtek HD Audio AND Sound Blaster Cinema 3, and reinstalling. I've been trying to search for solutions but nothing has worked (to be honest, I haven't had many results show up despite my best efforts)

So here I am, I have no idea where to go from here, I'm wondering if anyone else has found a solution. My audio works thanks to the Realtek drivers but I really want to get Sound Blaster Cinema 3 to work.

Solution
Same problem for me. I fixed it by installing both the asrock realtek driver AND the Sound Blaster Cinema 3 software.
After doing so, reboot and then when you relaunch cinema 3 it will autodetect the soundcard and load without error.
Previously I was using the built in windows drivers but that wasnt enough for the creative software to recognize the snd card.

The "Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8051 (Creative)" driver and "Sound Blaster Cinema 3 Utility ver:1.00.12" can be found here https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z270%20Gaming%20K6/index.asp#osW1064

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
last month soundblaster released an optional update in the windows updater ... which broke some soundcards and fixed others.
apparently your mobo suffers sound issues with bios version 2.2, update bios may solve tyhis

hushpuppi3

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014

I had bios version 2.40 until I saw your post and I check for updates, 3.00 was released yesterday. I just updated it and uninstalled/reinstalled soundblaster and its still giving me the same problem. Is there a way to revert back to a working version of soundblaster?

hushpuppi3

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014
So I learned that my audio device is the Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec, which SUPPOSEDLY supports Sound Blast Cinema 3

I'm actually really annoyed that it WORKED before, and now it doesn't and I have no idea why

hushpuppi3

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014

I'm starting to give up hope, I posted this issue on asrock forums as well and got no replies. Guess we're just SoL.

primal_rampage

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
I'm in the same boat, same Mobo too but using the January bios. Cinema 3 gives the same exact error and grey's out. I'm probably going to use my seinheisser dac until it's fixed.

primal_rampage

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
Ok, figured it out I think. I had the same issue you had. I went into Realtek HD Audio Manager from my taskbar and on the speaker tab I selected the "Set Default Device" button. Sound Blaster probably takes your default device settings from HD Audio Manager and without a default selected, won't work. Once I opened Sound Blaster Cinema 3 back up everything was there and it works now.

hushpuppi3

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014

Didn't work for me, my headphones were already set to the default device

rdaubner

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
Same problem for me. I fixed it by installing both the asrock realtek driver AND the Sound Blaster Cinema 3 software.
After doing so, reboot and then when you relaunch cinema 3 it will autodetect the soundcard and load without error.
Previously I was using the built in windows drivers but that wasnt enough for the creative software to recognize the snd card.

The "Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8051 (Creative)" driver and "Sound Blaster Cinema 3 Utility ver:1.00.12" can be found here https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z270%20Gaming%20K6/index.asp#osW1064

Reactions: Arberor
Solution

hushpuppi3

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014

I already installed realtek drivers directly from the motherboard's website, it just doesn't work. I'm reinstalling now just to see if its a new version that fixes anything. Also I have a professional gaming not a K2

UPDATE: Your post motivated me to try installing the latest realtek driver and it actually worked, thanks.

noel_prg_la1979

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
hi hushpuppi3. I've recently joined this forum.

There's a customized Realtek HD audio 6.0.1.8067 driver for your Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming board that ASRock released on January 24, 2018 that should also work with the Sound Blaster Cinema 3 software.

It looks like the Sound Blaster Cinema 3 software either had trouble recognizing your audio device due to either missing Creative audio integration files (mainly the MBAPO232.dll and MBAPO264.dll files - these should be in the WIN64 folder of the Realtek audio driver packages from 8051 and 8067), or some missing .NET runtime files for Windows that needed to be regenerated using "ngen.exe update /force" command (under Win7, Win8.x & Win10) for the SBCinema3 program to correctly detect your Realtek audio device.

I'm wondering what version of Windows are you using when you had the problem?

Note: do NOT use the new Realtek audio drivers like "ver 8210" or the newly released "ver 8308" from ASRock or any new Realtek audio driver packages from Windows Update or the Microsoft Update Catalog site as they do NOT contain the Creative audio integration DLL files (mbapo232.dll & mbapo264.dll). Without those files, the Sound Blaster Cinema 3 program will not work.

Feb 16, 2018
I have the Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 mobo and just installed the Realtek driver on the Asrock website support page. It fixed the issue with the Sound Blaster Cinema 3 software. It works perfectly now.

noel_prg_la1979

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
that's good, themangymoose.

Edit 2/22: also folks, please check the following folder in Windows Explorer (set Windows Explorer or File Explorer to display all hidden & system files):

C:\ProgramData\Creative\SoftwareLock

there should only be ONE kga activation file (and maybe ONE dat file) for the Sound blaster cinema 3 software to work. Only a valid kga license file will allow running SBCinema3 on that particular computer as it is uniquely generated by the software and cannot be used/transferred to another computer [similar of how to activate Windows 10].

no kga license file = no supported audio device for SBC3

And when the sound blaster cinema 3 program is installed these files should be in the Windows folder:

MBCfg_APOIM.ini
MBCfg_Capture_APOIM.ini
MBCfg_HP_APOIM.ini
MBCfg_SP_APOIM.ini

any one of those files missing or corrupted will cause the SBC3 program to fail with "no supported audio device available" message.

Also remember that the Realtek drivers installed MUST include the Creative audio integration DLL files (ex. mbapo232.dll, mbapo264.dll, mbwrp64.dll > for 64bit Windows, mbwrp32.dll > for 32bit Windows).

The mbapo264.dll & mbwrp64.dll files should be installed [and properly registered] in the Windows\System32 folder and the mbapo232.dll file should be installed in the Windows\Syswow64 folder (when using x64 editions of Windows). For x86 / 32bit Windows, the mbwrp32.dll & mbapo232.dll files should be installed [and properly registered] in the Windows\System32 folder. If those files are missing and/or not correctly registered with the Realtek audio drivers, the SBC3 program will not recognize the onboard Realtek audio chip.

Avoid using the Realtek audio drivers from Microsoft and from other PC manufacturers [AND from any 3rd party download site] as most of the time, the Realtek drivers do not come with the Creative DLL files for sound blaster cinema 3. stick to only the customized realtek audio drivers from ASRock (unless newer packages have been released that included the Creative DLL files).

Feb 25, 2018
Friend I think I found the solution you have the original CD that came with your mobo? install those drivers the audio and the sbc3 to me worked was the last option I had and served as it brings the driver realteck 8004 and works wonders I hope you serve do not download the page install those that come on the cd of the MOBO I hope it helps you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS