Sound card with Dolby and DTS Connect

CmdrJeffSinclair

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014
Hi, title says it all. I want a sound card capable of 3x3.5mm analog multichannel (5.1/7.1) surround via analog NOT spdif (optical/toslink).

So far I've only found Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium but it says on the specs it supports Dolby and DTS through optical and gives no indication of support via 3x3.5mm.

Anyone know for sure? This crap is so poorly marketed.

Solution
The Sound Blaster Z has Dolby and DTS processing, also supports it though toslink. The great thing about it is that it has working Windows 10 drivers. The X-Fi Windows 10 drivers are still broken and require the use of 3rd party package to get any sound. BTW it automatically decodes surround sources like most games without enabling Dolby or DTS Neo: PC encoders as long as it is set to 5.1 surround. But yeah it has both and switching between them you can hear the difference so it is working.

It is a 5.1 card though. Don't think it does 7.1

SinxarKnights

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
The Sound Blaster Z has Dolby and DTS processing, also supports it though toslink. The great thing about it is that it has working Windows 10 drivers. The X-Fi Windows 10 drivers are still broken and require the use of 3rd party package to get any sound. BTW it automatically decodes surround sources like most games without enabling Dolby or DTS Neo: PC encoders as long as it is set to 5.1 surround. But yeah it has both and switching between them you can hear the difference so it is working.

It is a 5.1 card though. Don't think it does 7.1

Solution

CmdrJeffSinclair

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014

so when I configure windows to use this sound card, should I checkbox the enhancements tab for both DTS Connect and Dolby Digital Live? How do I set this up so it works in 5.1 surround for my many games and blu rays (Cyberlink PowerDVD 12)? Remember I use the Logitech Z506 5.1 surround speakers so they connect via 3x3.5mm jacks

SinxarKnights

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007

You just plug them in. Dolby or DTS is up to you, whichever you feel sounds better or works with PowerDVD. Can't do both at once. For games you don't need to do anything, it just works.

CmdrJeffSinclair

Estimable
Aug 29, 2014

Cool man, thanks! I found one used for $60 in very good condition so I hit my price mark :D thanks for your help man! Awesome!