sound lowers when I use my microphone

anti1460

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014
And I know what you guys are thinking. You need to go into sound in control, go to communication's tab and click the "Do Nothing" button.

The problem is i have done this and it didnt help.

The problem started when I started usign my new Razor Kraken Pro.

I have proper drivers installed.

So what its doing is I use my hotkey for my mic in ventrilo. Volume is installing lowered about 70-80% and when I stop using my hotkey theres a 2-3 second window where the volume slowing goes up till it has returned to normal volume.

I have no idea whats going on, please help. If you need any info let me know

TheDualshock

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Windows might be detecting Ventrillo as a voice communication program. Go into your Windows sound settings by typing "Sound" search. Then go into the Communications tab and change the settings to whatever you like.

Edit: Discard my answer as I've seen that you've tried. Try going into Ventrillo audio settings. Razer synapse settings aswell.

anti1460

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014
lol ya thats why i posted it because its the obviously answer and that has worked before but didnt this time.

As far as razor synapse i cant even get into the program because they take forever to send you an email verification to confirm your account. lol

as far as ventrilo comment. its not ventrilo because the volume of ppl on ventrilo doesnt get lowered, its twitch.tv when im watching a stream that the audio in that video is being lowered

TheDualshock

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

Well you should check to make sure. Ventrillo might be lowering the other programs volumes. Either that or the communications tab I can think about. Make sure to apply the changes too.

TheDualshock

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

That's all I could think of, you'll have to wait until a more savvy person in that area answers.