sound not comming thru AVR

boney1983

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
I am new member to Tom,s Guide

Recently had a chance to own Leeco Super4 X50 Pro L504UCNN 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV and I Own a Marantz NR 1606 AVR with polk speakers ,

Now the issue is I am not able to get sound thru my AVR .I have connected from TV ARC to AVR(Marantz NR 1606) ARC.
Please Guide me to get the sound thru my AVR so that I can get the full experience of ATMOS Feature

I have connected with HDMI 2:0 Please guide

Solution
I don't think you'll be able to get Atmos to work by connecting your external player through the TV. I'm guessing you're playing the files through your TV's menu. The Tv's player probably does not support Atmos.

Your Marantz has a USB in the front. You could try connecting your external there. Dolby had some test tones, and before Windows CU, it recommended playing them right off of the Receiver's USB. I have a Yamaha, and that didn't work for me, but it might work for you and your movies. Give it a try.

boney1983

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
I Dont have a BD PLAYER, i am connecting my external hard disk to LED TV and now i am able to get sound thru receiver by using ARC(hdmi 2.0) now my issue is the atmos feature

This is what I call, getting the red light at every block :D Unfortunately I know zero about atmos.

But if you are playing your video this way.... am aware BluRay have this thing called Cinavia which prevents your ripped BR from outputting bitstream uncompressed audio, part of copy protection... wouldn't be surprised...

Clovis559

Commendable
May 12, 2016
I don't think you'll be able to get Atmos to work by connecting your external player through the TV. I'm guessing you're playing the files through your TV's menu. The Tv's player probably does not support Atmos.

Your Marantz has a USB in the front. You could try connecting your external there. Dolby had some test tones, and before Windows CU, it recommended playing them right off of the Receiver's USB. I have a Yamaha, and that didn't work for me, but it might work for you and your movies. Give it a try.

Solution