Sound not working in right side

Arigo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I have a set of Tritton AX 51 pro, about 2 months ago, i dropped them and the sound in the left side stopped working, so I RMAed it. They sent it back about a month later, and it was working, I recently dropped it again, and the light on the right side wasnt working, but sound was still fine. Now it starts cutting in and out, and I'm almost positive it is a lose wire. Im not RMAing it again, any suggestions for a self fix? If i were to take it apart, what would I be looking for to fix? (I know it voids warranty, but its already over and I dont really care.)

lazyperson17

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
If your looking at a set of stand alone speakers, check the 3.5mm jack which should plug into the headphone jack of your computer. Make sure this is clean, and that there isnt anything in the headphone jack itself. Second, check the line that connects your speakers to the computer for any snares, cuts, slices, nibbles anything. Lastly, plug in a separate set of speakers to make sure it is the speakers that are causing the issue. If they are, and there are no issues in the connecting line, open it up and look for two wires which should be connected to the back of the cone. There should be two wires, and if done properly, there should be one red, and one white. (usually). Make sure these are connected properly.

If your looking at a laptop... You will be looking for 2 wires which will be a positive and negative. (Red will most likely be positive, white will most likely be negative.) These two wires will be connected to the back of the speaker and then to the computer (sound card, or motherboard).

Arigo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009

Thanks a lot, I found a temporary fix, by taping the wire coming out of the control module thing, just to it. (When I moved the cable around the sound would cut in and out.) So if it stops working, I'll have to open it up, and take a look.

Arigo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Temp fix stopped working, I opened it up, and found MANY different little tiny wires that were soddered onto a chip, I couldnt find any that looked lose.. Im sure that if there is one I missed, all I would have to do would be to sodder it back on..