sound stuttering every so often

darkeliment

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
Hello All,

At the moment I am suffering from my sound stuttering, it happends on and off at random times, this has only started happening since i changed my headset from a analog red and green cable connection to a new USB connection headset. The USB headset is plugged directly into the motherboard using a Realtek audio driver, that being said I also have a Creative SB X-Fi soundcard that is still connected which I use to plug the old analog headset into directly. I have also downloaded DPC latency checker and each time my sound spikes that graph also spikes heres a pic of it, http://imgur.com/ntsCe6f but im not to sure what to start disabling, any advice?

specs:
windows 7 64 bit,
12 GB ram
3rd gen i7 3.06ghz
geforce gtx 660

cilliers

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Does it stutter or make the weird "robot sound"? I had a sound blaster card in the past and was conflicting ports with some other hardware. After much effort to try and solve the problem, I had to reinstall my windows and it went away for a bit, until I installed creative's crappy drivers again.

darkeliment

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
nah its a stutter, ive had the robot sound problem before a while ago, i fixed that by updating my drivers, ive fully taken out the sound card now just rolling with on board ill see how it goes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Audio 1
S Audio 0
Not_techy Audio 1
K Audio 2
F Audio 0
C Audio 2
C Audio 3
S Audio 1
hong_kong_dusk Audio 4
DEBMDRD 18 Audio 1
M Audio 0