sound stuttering every so often

darkeliment

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
Hello All,

At the moment I am suffering from my sound stuttering, it happends on and off at random times, this has only started happening since i changed my headset from a analog red and green cable connection to a new USB connection headset. The USB headset is plugged directly into the motherboard using a Realtek audio driver, that being said I also have a Creative SB X-Fi soundcard that is still connected which I use to plug the old analog headset into directly. I have also downloaded DPC latency checker and each time my sound spikes that graph also spikes heres a pic of it, http://imgur.com/ntsCe6f but im not to sure what to start disabling, any advice?

specs:
windows 7 64 bit,
12 GB ram
3rd gen i7 3.06ghz
geforce gtx 660

cilliers

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Does it stutter or make the weird "robot sound"? I had a sound blaster card in the past and was conflicting ports with some other hardware. After much effort to try and solve the problem, I had to reinstall my windows and it went away for a bit, until I installed creative's crappy drivers again.

darkeliment

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
nah its a stutter, ive had the robot sound problem before a while ago, i fixed that by updating my drivers, ive fully taken out the sound card now just rolling with on board ill see how it goes.