Sound system speakers hissing

Leonardo28

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Hi,i just got a new sound system,but the speakers make a hissing sound when i put volume at high levels (the higher,the more noticeable is the hissing) and only when i choose one of the aux inputs as audio sources (even if there isn't anything connected to them) if i select CD or Bluetooth as audio inputs there's no noticeable hissing.

Should i return it ASAP or is it normal? This hissing sound isn't noticeable when i play videogames or listen to music,but i don't want to have a defective unit and have this problem worsen over time,thank you. (Sorry for my english)

Solution
They don't give any noise specifications on that unit.
If your source has a volume control on it turn it up so you don't have to keep the Panasonic volume high enough to make the noise audible. If the unit is still under warranty then contact Panasonic. If not then you may be stuck with the problem.
What sound system is this? Make, model? And when you say high levels, how high are you talking? Cheap sound systems tend to have and audible hiss when turned up loud with no mucsic playing, due to the poor circuitry used on the amplifier.

Leonardo28

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016

Hi,thanks for answering,it's a Panasonic AKX440,this system has 50 volume levels and the hiss starts being noticeable at level 28-30 and if i have selected one of the aux inputs as audio source. (Sorry for my english)

They don't give any noise specifications on that unit.
If your source has a volume control on it turn it up so you don't have to keep the Panasonic volume high enough to make the noise audible. If the unit is still under warranty then contact Panasonic. If not then you may be stuck with the problem.

Solution