Sound will not go through headphone mic when headset is plugged in

zahinm14

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
Hi I'm running an ASUS X555LAB laptop and I have been experiencing this problem for a long time. When I plug in my headphones or a headset (both with speakers and mic) into the dual headphone jack in my computer, the sounds goes through the headphones but my voice is heard through the laptop. How do I change it so that when I plug it in, both my voice and the sound go through the headphones? I am running a Realtek driver for my sound card.

Interesting, however it may still not allow for it being used as a headset/mic combo. I hope it does, alas many don't. Even when they say they are combo jacks. They wind up being this OR that, but not together.

Let us know if you get it to work. :)

zahinm14

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017

I am sure that my jack is both input and output because I have the option to change input mode to solely a microphone. The problem is, I don't know which mode allows for both a mic and earphones, such as one that is provided with most smartphones.

Interesting, however it may still not allow for it being used as a headset/mic combo. I hope it does, alas many don't. Even when they say they are combo jacks. They wind up being this OR that, but not together.

Let us know if you get it to work. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop Tech Support 3
Simo Erberg Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
FlamingoSteak Laptop Tech Support 0
F Laptop Tech Support 5
R Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1