Soundbar HDMI-in? How could i utilize this?

bhollehday

Honorable
Feb 12, 2015
I have my sound bar hooked up via HDMI-ARC, but dont understand the advantage of having HDMI-input into the soundbar. Is it so I can still use the HDMI-ARC input on the tv as a video source? I try and connect my cable box to it but dosnt seem to work.

Solution
Not all TV's have ARC, so if they didn't, then you could connect 1 device to the input, get the sound out of the soundbar, then out to the TV for the picture.

If ARC works, just leave it. lol.

Soundbars really kind of suck in terms of I/O. They are usually very limited and lead to 50 threads a day about how to connect this soundbar to this TV and there is ARC, HDMI, Optical Toslink, Optical SPDIF, RCA, 3.5mm inputs or usually a small set of those.
Not all TV's have ARC, so if they didn't, then you could connect 1 device to the input, get the sound out of the soundbar, then out to the TV for the picture.

If ARC works, just leave it. lol.

Soundbars really kind of suck in terms of I/O. They are usually very limited and lead to 50 threads a day about how to connect this soundbar to this TV and there is ARC, HDMI, Optical Toslink, Optical SPDIF, RCA, 3.5mm inputs or usually a small set of those.

Solution

bhollehday

Honorable
Feb 12, 2015

thank youu sir!

bhollehday

Honorable
Feb 12, 2015

Nothing happens when i plug in an hdmi video souce into the soundbar and go to the soundbar input. Is that not normal?