Soundbar Issue with Sony Bravia 4K TV

dcimini12

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
I just purchased a Brand New Sony Bravia 55 Inch 4K (X900E) TV and a Samsung HW-M550 Soundbar and the problem i am having is the Soundbar only works when my Xbox One X is turned on when i turn off my Xbox the soundbar shuts off and it goes directly to my TV Speakers Audio. I have the Soundbar connected via HDMI 3 ARC and My Xbox one X is connected via HDMI 2 i also have a tv HD box thats connected via HDMI 4. Its a really strange problem i went it my tv settings and they all seem to be properly configured for the Sound, I also tried connecting it via optical and same problem. the Xbox is using a separate HDMI port on the tv so im not sure how it even sure why it would effect the soundbar. If anyone could help me with this issue would greatly be appreciated

Solution
You need to configure the [Digital audio out] settings according to your audio system. Press the
HOME button, then select [Settings] — [Sound] — [Digital audio out].

Same for Soundbar. Set the Optical as the in signal.

dcimini12

Distinguished
May 9, 2011

i plugged in the soundbar via optical with the xbox one x unplugged from the tv and it detects the soundbar but after 2 mins it just shuts off and goes right back to the tv speakers sound

Have you checked in the tv settings to set the output sound as optical?
"i plugged in the soundbar via optical with the xbox one "
I suggested connecting the soundbar to the tv via optical. And the other devices to tv via HDMI.

You need to configure the [Digital audio out] settings according to your audio system. Press the
HOME button, then select [Settings] — [Sound] — [Digital audio out].

Same for Soundbar. Set the Optical as the in signal.

Solution

jmirrobali

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018

Hey! At digital auto out, what did you set it as? Auto 1. Auto 2. Or pcm.

Jul 3, 2018
I had the same issue for days! Turns out the cause was another usb cable plugged into the hdmi port on the back of the TV in the centre (as opposed to the side hdmi ports where my sound bar was plugged in). The TV must be confused about which hdmi input to talk to. As soon as I removed it, it started playing through the sound bar.