Solved! Soundbar reco for Panasonic Viera Plasma

Nov 6, 2021
I am looking for a Black Friday type deal on a decent Soundbar (Budget $400) that is compatible with both my older 2007 Panasonic Viera Plasma (model TH-58PZ700U) and will still work seemlessly with a newer Samsung QLED 80T (QN75Q80TAFXZA) when I plan to upgrade in the spring. Have been told by a salesman to make sure it has Dolby Atmos feature as that is one key features to the TV I was leaning toward buying and that apparently the sound settings on Samsung soundbars pair seamlessly with the Samsung settings. But that could just be the salespitch I was given. Looking at buying one of the following 2 particular Samsung soundbars but open to other suggestions:

Samsung - 7.1-Channel Soundbar with Dolby 5.1/DTS Virtual:X - Black
Model:HW-Q65T/ZA

Samsung
Samsung - 3.1.2-Channel Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer and Dolby Atmos/DTS:X - Carbon Mid silver
TIA!
Michele

Solution
Samsung's Q-Symphony feature is something the soundbar and the TV would use so there is a match there for keeping to the same brand.

As far as Dolby Atmos in a sound bar you really would need to try different setups to see if it makes any difference to you for the additional cost. I probably would skip it and just get a normal soundbar with a sub and rear speakers.
Samsung's Q-Symphony feature is something the soundbar and the TV would use so there is a match there for keeping to the same brand.

As far as Dolby Atmos in a sound bar you really would need to try different setups to see if it makes any difference to you for the additional cost. I probably would skip it and just get a normal soundbar with a sub and rear speakers.

Solution