spam pages keep opening on chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskordestani

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
It started recently these pages keep opening randomly in chrome, I have been using multiple adware removal tools, gone to multiple posts, closed unknown processes, reset chrome, deleted any unwanted extensions and god knows what else! can someone help?

Solution
I checked your AdwCleaner report and I think that you need to get rid of this Clim Cleaner. Also, I would recommend going thru all your programs and making sure that all of them are trustworthy. If you can't remember installing some program or if you don't know its developer, it might be the one that reinstalls adware on your browser right after rebooting it. Make sure you remove all these apps.

kskordestani

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
btw the websites vary but the main one is this:pipeschannels.com
also, the website automatically downloads a file to chrome called:adobe_flash_setup_0597687100.exe from www . applicationsoftwareapplication . com, i was smart enough to immediately delete the file and not run it

[Edited so we don't accidentally click it]

kskordestani

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
and here is the report from adwcleaner

# AdwCleaner 7.0.3.1 - Logfile created on Wed Oct 25 17:35:10 2017
# Updated on 2017/29/09 by Malwarebytes
# Database: 10-17-2017.1
# Running on Windows 7 Home Premium (X64)
# Mode: scan
# Support: https://www.malwarebytes.com/support

***** [ Services ] *****

No malicious services found.

***** [ Folders ] *****

No malicious folders found.

***** [ Files ] *****

No malicious files found.

***** [ DLL ] *****

No malicious DLLs found.

***** [ WMI ] *****

No malicious WMI found.

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

No malicious shortcuts found.

***** [ Tasks ] *****

No malicious tasks found.

***** [ Registry ] *****

PUP.Optional.SlimCleanerPlus, [Key] - HKLM\SOFTWARE\SLIMWARE UTILITIES, INC.

***** [ Firefox (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Firefox entries.

***** [ Chromium (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Chromium entries.

C:/AdwCleaner/AdwCleaner[C0].txt - [6447 B] - [2017/10/25 12:48:59]
C:/AdwCleaner/AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [7593 B] - [2017/10/25 12:48:29]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt ##########

joeytaylor823

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
Hey! It looks like you are suffering from adware. Most antivirus / malware services won't detect this, since adware is super easy to slip through the cracks. Try hard resetting your computer. That is one of the only solutions I know.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
I checked your AdwCleaner report and I think that you need to get rid of this Clim Cleaner. Also, I would recommend going thru all your programs and making sure that all of them are trustworthy. If you can't remember installing some program or if you don't know its developer, it might be the one that reinstalls adware on your browser right after rebooting it. Make sure you remove all these apps.

Solution
Jun 20, 2018
I had the same problem too, so I checked for viruses, adware etc. but it turned out that there is tasks that was scheduled to trigger every few minutes, hours etc. So i had to delete the task itself and it worked and no spam tabs opened up.

The tasks was to open chrome, and load a specific page. So to check:

• open up Task Scheduler

open the tab "task scheduler library"

Check each one of the entries of the tasks, look especially for "repeat every (x amount of time) indefinitely" on the tiggers for all the tasks

just delete the task(s) that open up the chrome browser and load a website, you may have more than one tasks that do essentially the same thing.

I only found this out when I did a start up boost scan from my antivirus, it said two adware tasks was scheduled to run on start-up. So googled how to view tasks and that's basically it.

Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.