So I was trying to replace my LCD back cover and forgot to unplug my battery before plugging in the display cable. There was a spark. Something smelled burned. Now the display on my laptop no long works. I think I found the fried component (next to the bottom of the display cable on the left) the question is can it be fixed and how much should I expect to be charged? Thanks for any help in advance!
Pic of fried part: https/imgur.com/a/sHL8vT0
MERGED QUESTION Question from gingersnap.889 : "Did I blow a fuse??"
Dumb me forgot to unplug the battery when plugging in my display cable after a screen replacement. I took it to a shop and hes had it for a week and says he has no idea what to replace it with because the schematics aren't available. I was hoping some of you lovely people may have a better idea.