imdylanr

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
Hello, I started to build a guitar cab. It is going to be a 4x12 (4 12 inch speakers). I already bought 4 8 ohm speakers for it. I have a 4 ohm amp. Is there anyway i can wire the speakers togeather to be 4 ohms?

Solution

If you only have one input to the speakers from your amp and 4 total 8 ohm speakers there is no way to make a 4 ohm total load with those speakers.

You cannot connect both pairs in to 1 connector and get 4 ohms. The best you could do is wire them in series parallel and get an 8 ohm load. If you wired them all in parallel it would be 2ohms.

imdylanr

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016

If I wire both pairs of speakers in parallel and solder them both to the output jack would that change the impedance?

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

If you only have one input to the speakers from your amp and 4 total 8 ohm speakers there is no way to make a 4 ohm total load with those speakers.

You cannot connect both pairs in to 1 connector and get 4 ohms. The best you could do is wire them in series parallel and get an 8 ohm load. If you wired them all in parallel it would be 2ohms.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS