Speakers barely audible

Status
Not open for further replies.

celinego

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015
Hi, I bought 2 x Acer E17 (E5-722-89MU) about 6 months ago and have upgraded them both to Windows 10 since. It seems since I installed Audacity a few months back, my speaker volume has become barely audible and I now have to use earplugs to watch movies.

The other one is my son's and his speaker volume is as mine was before but I have no idea how to get my proper speaker volume back. I've tried updating the drivers but still the problem persists.

Anyone got any ideas please as it's driving me nuts. Even if I could learn how to find the speaker drivers in his laptop and maybe copy them over to mine or download them somewhere, that's if they are actually different. But something must be different somewhere I guess?

Many thanks for any advice.

celinego

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015
A friend just messaged me a solution which has worked. I had to right click on the speakers icon, go to Playback Devices, double click on Speakers, click the Enhancements tab and check the Loudness Equalization box. Apply and OK and my sound is back to what it was before. Hallelujah!! Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.