Speakers Buzzing/Hissing cause of mouse (crazy i know)

NateBobate

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Hello,

My speakers are buzzing/hissing/crackling. I tried 2 different speakers also this happens too if no speakers are plugged in through the computer at the back. Also, if I move the mouse the speakers pick it up and make different sound. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

VonPelz

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Is it a laptop or desktop?

I have similar problem with my laptop, there is a lot of interference (noise) and it gets worse under load. The pitch in the noise also changes when I move the cursor. There was also interference in the form of banding waves if the laptop was connected to an external display.
These are often symptoms of a ground loop problem. The only fix I found for this was to either put tape on the ground connectors on the power plug or to use an old school two prong AC adapter. I don't know how safe it is, but from what I've heard if the laptop is connected to an external display it will be grounded through that anyway.

NateBobate

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012

Thanks for the replies. I tried plugging the speakers into a different outlet and still got the feedback. Comp is Dell Optiplex 280 (pretty old I know) and speakers are Logitech LS11. Could just be really old computer?

Thanks again guys.

Like Pelz suggested, It could be a ground loop problem. But ground loop problems have a low frequency hum sound. You could try plugging into 2 prong adapter and then into an outlet. Or it can be the speakers, the wiring to the speakers, the outputs from the computer.

Do you have the computer on your desk, does it shake a little when you move the mouse around? The reason I ask it could be the connections.

An old computer might be a problem but you can go over to a friends house(a new one with better wiring) and see it that makes a difference.