Speakers help

tylerfukuda

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Hello i need help with a decision for speakers. im looking for the best speakers for under 200 but will go above 200 but not by much... ive been looking at

AudioEngine a2
M-audio Studiophile AV40
Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Swan D1080MkII
Swan M200MkII-audio-insider sells for $230 but dont really want to spend that much...

if you guys could help me out with this, not really looking for logitech's z-2300 because i hear they lack in some places and have a really muddy bass
I game alot but sometimes use headphones (fatal1ty's) I listen to mostly heavy rock/metal (vai,yngwie,buckethead,MAB) and sometimes listen to rap/techno...
i know that a bass would be good for games and that type of music but if i end up getting some 2.0 i can always get a subwoofer in the future

help me out please

tyler

TheViper

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Solution

tylerfukuda

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Hey thanx for the reply, much appreciated...
i think im going to stick with a 2.1 setup
im going to end up getting the M-Audio StudioPhile Av40 at bestbuy for around $165(thats the totall)
and buying a sub later on...

thanks

tyler

fpsasm

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Why don't you get some REAL speakers and amplifiers?

Something like Mordaunt Short 902i speakers with a Cambridge Audio 340a amp.. I could pick all that up for £150 new. They will kick any computer speaker's ass

tylerfukuda

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
well i live in the USA (cali) and i dont really know that much about REAL speakers and dont have the money or time to go out and buy speakers,recievers,amps,subwoofers...
i know ill get ALOT better sounds from that but its not like i record anyway i just want to upgrade from these crappy little logitechs...

Im going to best buy to get a pair of
M-audio StudioPhile Av40's
or
Klipsch Promedia 2.1's

thank you for your time and replies but im out

tyler