Speakers ONLY connected to combo port; How to force use internal mic

NeillieN

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
So I'm using an ASUS K455LB with combo port; (connexant audio drivers)
but I only have a speaker (Altec Lansing Octane 7, 2.1 system) and no microphone. Whenever I plug it in, I can't use my microphone when playing (Steam Dota 2) and I checked on recording devices mic isn't working, so

TL;DR
So is it possible for me to FORCE USE my laptop's internal microphone since I cant use it when I have my SPEAKERS-ONLY plugged in? Thanks

Solution
You would need to make sure you have the speakers connected and then...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
4. Right click on the external microphone/device you are trying to fix and then click on "Disable".
5. Now right click on the internal microphone and click "Set as default" and make sure it is also set to "Enable".
6. Go back to the "Playback" tab and right click on the external speakers you are trying to use and set them to "Enable".
7. Now click "Apply" and then click "OK".
8. It should work now.
You would need to make sure you have the speakers connected and then...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
4. Right click on the external microphone/device you are trying to fix and then click on "Disable".
5. Now right click on the internal microphone and click "Set as default" and make sure it is also set to "Enable".
6. Go back to the "Playback" tab and right click on the external speakers you are trying to use and set them to "Enable".
7. Now click "Apply" and then click "OK".
8. It should work now.

Solution