Specs for All of the Windows Phone 7 Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

hythos

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
SO, HTC = NOOO slide-keyboard????
A full keyboard would be awesome; and, the click-function of the Storm is what's been keeping me with VZ wireless.
oh, and iphone, all models, are trash (I try to make this point every chance I get)... too sensitive and too easy to make mistakes on - clicks, mis-dials, ect. Few options, and all area application specific from having ONE button.

reddragon72

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Why was this posted? There are 7 manufactures making the EXACT same phone. The "specs" that are laid out from MS means every phone has the same spec's minus the storage amount (8 or 16) and maybe a physical keyboard, but everything else is exactly the same..... What a waste of time...

Everyone welcome the new Iphone wannabe!

toallthehaters

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Checked these out and so far the HTC HD7 is making me slightly moistMy old contract is up in a couple of months, I reckon thats the one to go for[/citation]

uh, you need to get laid.

toallthehaters

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
In addition, most WP7 phones will be available for $199.99 with new 2-year contract. --- AnandTech

WTF, They even copied Apple price and contract duration. Ballmer, you smug piece of crap, Wasn't it you laughing at Apple over 4 years ago over similar points.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]toallthehaters[/nom]In addition, most WP7 phones will be available for $199.99 with new 2-year contract. --- AnandTechWTF, They even copied Apple price and contract duration. Ballmer, you smug piece of crap, Wasn't it you laughing at Apple over 4 years ago over similar points.[/citation]
This is standard price and contract duration...for all smart phones with all carriers
[citation][nom]dan117[/nom]what?[/citation]
Agreed, wtf you talking about?!

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
No 16MP default camera's ?? = no give them iGlass that breaks.
http://dvice.com/archives/2010/10/sony-unveils-re.php

Looked at a few mobile phone websites this weekend and extremely disappointed at the limited "SPECS pages" they bother to post on their websites.
Almost makes you feel like buying a GMC car nice on website but nothing exists like that on the ground or 1% parts / specs in it when paying 3 times the website top of the range price for cheapest / weakest model available. Go Phoenix AZ.

Good example of lacking and needed on Mobile phone manufacturers websites :
http://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3
Or, lower on the page the search customization feature:
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdamaster&posted=1&cpu=a312
Change CPU to snapdragon or any cpu + min speeds 1000Mhz.

You would think Mobile phone manf. would have something basic like" search by cpu" or search by wifi cpu 3G/4G/HSPDA/UMTS on both , manufacturers websites or Mobile phone networks sell phones page websites.
Shows you what retailers / manufacturers think of their "stupid no info needed" customers.

How about the dual core and ARM quad core A15 mobile phone cpu's any news when they will be default ?
Another 5 or 6 years for the USA to catch up to EU basic phones ?
http://nextbigfuture.com/2010/09/arm-cortex-a15-mpcore-for-quadcore.html

Amazing to see that the basic internal memory is still at 512mb and max is 8gb, come on for something newly released what gives ?

MicroSD is default 32gb and 64gb about to be released so makes all these phones well useless before they are released.
http://techpowerup.com/131997/Transcend%E2%80%99s-32GB-microSDHC-Cards-Expand-Mobile-Storage.html

Maybe it is just this USA Phones that is this limited as is normal action for USA released phones.

Samsung Omnia Memory: 624Mhz USA / 800MHz EU CPU, 8GB / 16GB Flash + External Micro SDHC slot to 32GB
Or http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=1328&c=samsung_sgh-i900__sgh-i908_omnia_16gb

If they expect me to pay then they need to get their CA potheads together and build a usable, feature - spec filled device worth the $300 ~ $700 people are stupid enough to pay.

iPhone 3gs/g4 great idea's, no cooking clue what they where doing, Broken Glass screen, OS problems, signal issues and all the other 100 problems that $549CA/$799/GBP549 gets you for locked phone.

PS> when buying this "Win7 mobile" phones can I get rid / replace Win7 mobile and do android or anything else on it if I don't like Win7 mobile ?

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Fact: all of them use Snapdragon CPU (most at least).

Question of the day: Why not Nvidia Tegra? Not strong enough? Licensing bad/costly? Could someone (Tom's) give some light?

Also, any info on the GPU side would be nice, so it would be possible to compare to iPhone and Androids.

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2010/08/02/htc-desire-froyo-2-2-software-update-in-depth-features/
The new Android 2.2 Froyo software update for unlocked HTC Desire smartphones is going to hit over the weekend, we have already mentioned this but we want to let you know what main features you can expect.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007

srry, for the clarification fail.

I meant, i am going to dual boot WM7 and Froyo 2.2

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Wow! These phones aren't bad at all. Only if WinPho 7 wasn't that castrated! BTW MS claimed WinPho 7 is a consumer phone and not a business phone and all these phones with these external keyboards look like business phones to me.
All I can say is:
Balmer, Balmer, you suck! :D You definitely have no vision!
I hope they'll release WinPho 8 soon and it will fix what the current version is lacking.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]Choosing between T-Mobile and AT&T was a fail move by Microsoft. They are probably the 2 worst providers.[/citation]
Really?
My current plan with T-Mobile is so cheap I can't find anyone else that can compare with the price I'm getting. Verison, AT&T, and Sprint all charge more for what I'm getting. The only plan that is currently appealing to me is Virgin mobile. They have one that has unlimited data, unlimited texts and 400 minutes for $25 a month with no contract. The only reason I didn't go that route is that you have to pay full price for a phone and thier coverage isn't very good. I also passed on the Boost mobile $50 a month unlimited everything plan because of crappy coverage.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
I also think that another fail on Steve Balmer's part is the name: Windows Phone 7... What the hell does this device have in common with MS Windows????
It's a horrible name!

All other popular phones have some kind of cool name: iPhone, Android, WebOS, Palm OS, Symbian, Blackberry..... etc... but WTF is Windows Phone Seven.... :D I've just spent all of my free time pronouncing it! :D

G

@zingam

Erm, Microsoft doesn't actually make the phones they have no say what so ever if a keyboard should be attached or not, a bit premature to say that winpho 7 is a failure with out test driving it's features

as for the windows name, well MS calls the majority of it's OS software windows, why buck the trend, and BTW the iPhone OS is called iOS which im sure is alot more catchier then windows....

oh but you are right, Balmer sux

Status
Not open for further replies.