Spend my money! Razer Blade (2014) vs. Y50 vs. v15 Nitro

dscotty55

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
As the title suggests, I am stuck in between a few performance laptops.

I'm considering the Razor Blade (2014) $1500, Lenovo y50, and the Acer v15 Nitro.

They are all very similar in price. However, with the Lenovo and Acer, I can get the upgraded options. This include 16Gb of RAM, 4k screen, better cpu, etc.

Something they do not offer though, is the portability and overall feel that the Blade has.

Here is my desires as follows:
Gaming / creative performance
Mobility (I have a multiple hour road trip as a passenger 4 days a week)
Dislpay quality (touch screen very much preferred)
Battery life
Keyboard / trackpad feel
Sound quality

Which do you think would suit me best? Also, please do not let any bias against Razer come in as the price of the 2014 model is at $1500. Would the extra ram, i7 4710/20, full UHD screen, and cheaper price be worth it if it means losing the portability, touchscreen, battery life, gpu performance, and construction of the blade? There also seems to be less bloat-ware on the Razer. Is there anything that I'm missing? What do you recommend for me?

Thank you all very much for your help.

dscotty55

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015

The blade doesn't have a 1080p variant that I know of, and if they did, it isn't on Amazon. The price of the blade I am referencing is only $1500 and if nothing else I can set the resolution in windows to be 1080. That'll save on battery life and improve on performance.

dscotty55

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015