Spilled beer on my laptop for the second time.

venom0706

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Ok, the worst happened again. Yesterday I spilled beer on my laptop for the second time. First time was 3 months ago and back then I only needed to replace the keyboard, as beer wasn't able to reach beneath it. This time however, I removed the keyboard and saw that beer was gone under it. The fan is there, as well as the connectors for the keyboard and some black band stuff, that seems sticky, but I don't know if it's beer or not. I cleaned whatever I could and I am currently waiting for a new keyboard.

The laptop is working fine, however, I noticed that the fan didn't turn on when I initially turned on the laptop. It turned on 1-2 minutes later, when the laptop became a little bit warmer. Is this normal? Is the fan supposed to work constantly and turn on immediately after I switch the laptop on? Also, do you think the laptop might survive this time as well? It has been working fine in the last 12 hours, so I hope it will continue that way.

What do you think? Thanks and appreciated.

There is no way to know if the system will continue to run without just waiting and seeing. I've seen systems run OK for a few hours after a spill, even after drying, and then not working a day later.

The fan may not run unless it needs to for cooling. Hopefully you let it dry for a day at least before trying to use it after the spill. And hopefully you have a full backup of the hard drive also stored away somewhere.