Sprint Fires Employee for Revealing Evo 4G Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Sounds good. With the possible exception of whistle-blowing on wrongdoing (if you wish to do so), you do NOT release internal company data and expect to keep your job.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Well, that'll seal the deal, i'll never purchase anything from Sprint again...because an employee told the truth, based a REAL FACTS (not PR "facts" which are far from true) he/she gets canned. I dont buy into a company that treats their employees like that...fire the entire I.T. staff for even allowing the employee access to such information.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
"an internal security task force member was immediately flown from Kansas to Florida and the employee was terminated on the spot"

Sounds like he got double tapped in his apartment :p

G

Really? That made your decision Antilycus . . . sounds like someone makes quick factless based decisions. You must have voted for Obama. See what happens to you if you release NDA information publicly without actually having access to ALL SOURCES of sales data as opposed to just one source and claiming those were the sales totals leaving a negative impact on the company's reputation. He deserved to be fired and guess what? HE WON'T BE HIRED BY ANY COMPANY THAT VALUES CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION!!!!

jon bon wonton

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
an internal security task force member was immediately flown from Kansas to Florida and the employee was terminated on the spot.

"Let me tell you something, lowly Sprint Employee. Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it's because they sat there that they were able to do it."

danbfree

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
When I was working for Sprint last year, I posted corporate store sales numbers for the Pre and I specifically mentioned it was only for corporate Sprint stores, not 3rd party retailers, 3rd party Sprint branded stores or web/telesales. Anyway, I wasn't fired or talked to about it but was it because I just wasn't caught or because I made sure to mention the numbers were only for corporate owned stores? Anyway, the poor grammar and punctuation of the original post goes to show the individual was obviously not that bright and should have been more specific about the sales numbers. The are super, super easy to see right in the inventory system, but again it's only for corporate owned Sprint stores. There are TONS of 3rd party retailers (Radio Shack, Walmart, Best Buy), 3rd party owned Sprint branded stores (they look/dress just like sprint but often sell off-brand accessories) and web/phone sales that aren't included. But after working there for nearly 5 years and seeing how they moved 66k just in corporate stores, 300k+ in total is definitely not out of the question.

greatsaltedone

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
Damnit I thumbed up TheRealist before I read "You must have voted for Obama."

WTF does that have to do with anything? Leave US politics to US political sites, jackass.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]GreatSaltedOne[/nom]Damnit I thumbed up TheRealist before I read "You must have voted for Obama."WTF does that have to do with anything? Leave US politics to US political sites, jackass.[/citation]

People seem to have a huge problem with that anywhere online. For some reason, Tom's is particularly bad.

G

"For some reason, Tom's is particularly bad."

I thought so too at first... then I visited DailyTech.

theblade

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
MobileCrunch's trusted source says an internal security task force member was immediately flown from Kansas to Florida and the employee was terminated on the spot.

internal security task force member = T600!

freename

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
The guy released sensitive business information. Yeah his employers got it wrong. So? Shouldn't he have gone to his boss about it instead of posting it on a forum?

He deserved to be fired

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
There is a good chance that the pre-sales figures were a intentional lie to try to draw more consumers to the phone and perhaps even appease share holders. If this is the case then its no wonder why he was fired because he just revealed what they did. (not that the truth should get someone fired)

For those who think he deserved to get fired for "leaking" such information should have their brain looked at. All he did was reveal sales data without any privacy concerns. Also the "data" (a error or lie) was already released so the company showed that it was willing to display such numbers.

The fact that he was fired certainly leans towards the previous figures were a intentional lie that he exposed. Even if we were to look at this in a capitalist viewpoint he still did the right thing as a companies first priority is to serve the investors and the investors can make much better decisions with the truth than a lie. He did the right thing even if it wasn't too big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.