SSD and external HDD temperatures also laptop cleaning advice

AxeFace

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
I own a MSI ge70 2pe apache pro gaming laptop, i had it for a bit over 2 years and i never really opened it to blow the dust out because i have never used a laptop before this one and i'm not confident or sure of how to do it properly and i read a lot that you can break the fans if you're not careful, my room is quite dusty and i kinda use it like a desktop(plugging monitors, mouse, keyboards etc) but the thing is the temperature of CPU monitored with a program that came with the laptop(msi dragon gaming center) hasn't really changed much since i bought it(around 56~59°C idle, 60~67°C during browsing or videos and stuff; and around 85~90°C during gaming), the SSD which i use for windows install(C:) has a temperature of over 52°C all the time lately and it makes my crystal disk info sound the alarm, i know hard disk are more susceptible to fail when their temperatures are high so i have been a bit worried about it, not really sure whats the normal temperature for an ssd but since crystal disk info shows its temperature in yellow and sounds the alarm everytime i'm very worried, so i have been wondering at what temperatures should i start to worry and really consider giving it a good cleaning. On a separate note, i use my laptop with a western digital my book home edition 4tb external hard disk that according to the manual and official numbers, its max operating temperature is supposed to be 35°C but mine runs always above 40°C but the temperature is still blue in crystal disk info, so i have also been wondering if i should worry and consider blowing the dust off or something. Haven't had any issues so far but i have been getting a bit paranoic about it lately specially for the hard disks because i don't really have any back up and i'm afraid i might mess something up if i open them to clean because i never did it before. Forgot to mention but i also use the laptop as if it was a desktop and its on all day long, thought i turn it off at night but still its on at least 10 hrs a day.

Also forgive my bad english, i'm not a native speaker and thanks for answers in advance

AxeFace

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
I hope so, on a side note i tried turning the AC on to see if anything changed, my ssd temp dropped from 52°C to 49°C but the laptop internal HDD and the external hard drive temperatures are unchanged and still go up after some use. Last i checked my external hard drive temp was 49°C too which is quite high from what i could gather from asking some friends, the external hard drive doesn't even have any fans and stuff to cool it down and not even the AC is dropping its temperature which really gets me worried. If they are actually rated for 60°C then thats fine its still over 10 degrees away but still i heard from a friend that hard drives are best around 30 to 40°C and around 50 was a bit hot but i don't know what to do, maybe blow the gaps with compressed air or something since i have no idea how to open it. Also heard that over 50°C is kinda hot for the ssd and since its temperature dropped after turning the AC on the room can't help but to wonder if it really is a bit over its normal temp but i don't really know in which part of the laptop the ssd is to try to cool it with something or try to open the laptop for some cleaning.