Starting up an app without logging in Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamersam2012

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014
Hi guys.. I have set my PC to startup whenever the power cuts and get back on. As you know that on Windows 10 if you have sync the Microsoft account then you must enter the password to log in. I want my Bittorrent to automatically start when windows load up and get to the lockscreen. I live in a country where the power cuts a lot. So i want my PC to keep downloading while im asleep. The only way to do this is to start bittorrent at lockscreen without the need to sign in to windows. Have you guys any idea to make that possible ? Plz help me. I would be very grateful :)

Solution
you could try to adapt this to bittorrent:
http://www.howtogeek.com/50786/using-srvstart-to-run-any-application-as-a-windows-service/
bear in mind, it might be a bit cumbersome since you can't use it while it is running as service but.. it should work.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
If your power goes out a lot, a better option, if available and in your budget, is a UPS. Frequent power cuts aren't good for electronics, especially since they're often not "clean," but may be accompanied by surges and/or spikes. As long as the frequent outages aren't too long, a UPS may be the best solution for you.

Gamersam2012

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014

Thanks for your reply. We have a UPS in our home but it cannot keep my PC running as the outages are long. I would love a software solution to my problem for starting Bittorrent up on Windows startup :)

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Ah...long outages. Sorry to hear that. As to the other, I'm not sure. Where I work, "experimenting" with something like that would likely be perceived as attempted hacking, and things would not go well for me. There are serious security implications to what you are describing. One avenue to investigate is whether or not the bittorrent client can be run as a Service.

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
you could try to adapt this to bittorrent:
http://www.howtogeek.com/50786/using-srvstart-to-run-any-application-as-a-windows-service/
bear in mind, it might be a bit cumbersome since you can't use it while it is running as service but.. it should work.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.