Solved! Static in new headphones

Husein

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
I just bought a pair of Steelseries Siberia headphones and when i plugged it in, i hear a low, but annoying, static sound. This did not happen with my old headset. I don't have a soundcard, I just plug my headphones into the built-in jacks on the motherboard (a machspeed P4M800pro-M7). I find that this noise increases when I move my mouse around and even more when i hold left click while moving the mouse. I think it has something to do with electrical interference so i tried to unplug my USB mouse, ethernet cable, and my microphone so nothing around it is plugged in, still static. I wanted to try to plug it into the front audio jacks of the computer but they don't work because there is no plug for the front jacks to be plugged into, although there are two connectors for the front USB and firewire ports, there is no connector for the audio and mic jacks...

This sound is also there when the computer's volume is set to zero so it's something wrong with the audio jack, what can I do?

thanks

Solution
try a different audio source. there may be interference with all the electrical parts in your computer. even your sound card can pick up interference from different parts

Kewlx25

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Welcome to having decent headphones. Now you can hear every little problem with your computer. A better sound card could help, but not for sure. Now if there was only a way to pipe your digital out to a receiver then convert that into analog to listen with your headphones.

cal8949

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2007
try a different audio source. there may be interference with all the electrical parts in your computer. even your sound card can pick up interference from different parts

Solution