Hi, I bought a Y50 70 lenovo laptop and am having a weird problem. When I watch a youtube vid or just a normal episode on VLC I sometimes get a weird static sound after a little while (3-5min) into the vid and will last for 2-10sec. This is on my Steelseries siberia elite prism aswell my sennheiser cx300 II earbuds. The steelseries drivers is installed. I was just wondering if this is a problem with just this PC or if it is maybe a drivers problem. The sound is also not very loud but it is still annoying.
Start with uninstalling/reinstalling the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound card driver.
- Reboot your laptop and it will reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it will not install, download and install the latest driver from Lenovo's support site.
- Here's the link: http/support.lenovo.com/ph/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo
- Select the correct OS and download the Realtek Audio Driver.
- After installing the driver do test the sound of your laptop again.