SteelSeries Arctis 7 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaughtilo

Commendable
May 7, 2016
So I'm watching youtube when I start to hear the beeping, signalling I need to charge. I plug in, and it charges for a couple seconds. Then I heard rapid-fire connect-disconnect sound effects, and it stops charging, and disconnected from transmitter. Can't reconnect, can't charge, can't even turn off the headset. It's blinking red and I can't do anything. So I give up and go to bed with the thing still on, slowly dying. In the morning I see it has died, so I plug it in to see if anything is different. Now it says it is charging, as the button is now a pulsing-yellow. But it's been a pulsing-yellow for 6 hours.

I would return them to Best Buy where I got them, but its been past 30 days and I don't have receipt But I do have box that has order #, pickup person, day of pickup and pickup location. Also have screenshots of the order on my Best Buy account with matching order # and everything.

So, I'm going to try and refund them on Saturday IF I can't fix them. Do any of you know what may be going on with them and maybe how to fix?

Thanks.

Solution
There is a small reset button on the left ear underneath the ear cushion which will turn the headset off. Then you can reconnect the headset to charge. This worked for me, but yeah... this headset is full of disappointments!

JOXi

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
Just some extra info. I have the same problem, except it's frozen on the low battery light. And this started last night. I've re-installed Engine 3 and still nothing. If i get a fix ill get back to you.

Zaughtilo

Commendable
May 7, 2016

When mine got stuck on the low battery light, I let it die overnight because I couldn't do anything. Then once it died it got stuck on Pulsing Yellow. I am getting a RMA with SteelSeries. Hopefully we both just got lemons because I haven't seen anyone else anywhere online with this issue.

swiner

Prominent
May 24, 2017
Im having the same exact problem with my arctis 7's, and the sad part is i emailed steel series for an rma and they refuse to help me send a replacement, so im now out 150, would not recommend this brand at all, really bad customer service, never going to spend a dime here again, id recommend shopping at corsair great product as well as customer service, had a product out of warranty and they still helped me replace it, or if you're looking for a good heaset bran hyper x is really good as well.

dkursu

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017
All of these prolems seems to be related to users. I have had my headset since it launched. Mr, Zaughtilo tried updating windows or your usb drivers?

orphin13

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
i just got arctis 7 and my power buttone doesnt even idicate charging my mic does? does this seem right? also in order to connect to pc i need to connect the dongle and usb to install updates? usb alone will not recognize... im thinking arctis 7 arent so great

gleason.mt

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
It charges with the headset powered on, connected to the wireless transmitter, and having the charging cable connected. The red charging button isn't on, but the yellow blinking power button is green and blinking. Leave it and you will come back to a fully charged headset.

Mar 14, 2018
My Arctis 7 headset also has the issue with the power light being "stuck" on whatever colour it was before charging. My battery DOES charge correctly, but the light just doesn't seem to "update" to green.

However, there is a simple workaround! Just turn the headphones on BEFORE unplugging them from the charging cable. This will cause the power light to change to green. Problem solved :)

I hope this helps.

Jun 18, 2018
There is a small reset button on the left ear underneath the ear cushion which will turn the headset off. Then you can reconnect the headset to charge. This worked for me, but yeah... this headset is full of disappointments!

Reactions: BigAl67
Solution
Jul 24, 2018

Oh my god THANK YOU. My headset has been rapidly blinking red, indicating 0-9% charge for the last couple of months and i've literally tried everything. Took a paper clip and stuck it in the little hole underneath the left ear cushion and it now appears to be charging as it normally should. THANK YOU

Reactions: BigAl67
Status
Not open for further replies.