Stereo System makes High Pitch Sounds

joewajro

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
My stereo system is making an unpleasant high pitch constant noise??
I have had my frisby fs-5000bt speakers for over a year now. When I first got them the worked flawlessly for like a month, then every time I turned them on I got this high pitch sound. At first the speakers would only make this sound for 3 seconds when I powered them up. Then after a few weeks it was 10 seconds, then a minute, and now its more than 10 minutes and growing. Even after they stop there are little "aftershocks" where the high pitch noise comes back for 10-30 seconds. It continues even if I try playing music on the speakers, making the music unbearable to listen to because of the high pitch noise. It happens on every mode, and will continue even if the volume is turned to zero. It persists no matter what outlet I use or what mode I put it in.

Can you guys offer a solution?

joewajro

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017

Would it be from overheating though? It occurs right when I turn it on, but after enough time of leaving the stereo alone it goes away... Wouldn't things get hotter the longer they run?

I have been researching, and I have heard similar, but not identical, symptoms from radio interference in the wires/outlet. The sound it makes does sound similar to a shifting radio frequencies... just without the rough static (waterfall sound).