Straight talk phones that run off of verizon towers

moroii

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

I use the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim and yes it's on verizon towers. When you look at straighttalk.com put in a zip of a area that ONLY verizon works in that area like Spring City, TN 37381. If it has a "C" in the model number it's verizon or if it's an android it will have a RED verizon map. The blue maps are ATT. Hope this helps.

j2thed

Honorable
May 15, 2013

I am currently in a Verizon contract which I am going to drop very soon. You are wrong when you say Verizon does not use sim cards because I have a sim card in the phone I use right now. I don't know where you got your info but every Verizon phone I have had used a sim card.

LJHicks2007

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
I just learned from a chat line with Verizon that their own pre-paid plan service does not use their regular network, so if the phone is 4G, it will not work. However, that doesn't explain why the IPhone runs off the Verizon towers with Straight Talk. I haven't figured it all out yet, but now know that the phone I want, the Galaxy Note II, will not be on Verizon towers. I'd still be stuck with Sprint.

DiamondRae

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

every Verizon phone I have had through straighttalk has been a CDMA phone (no sim card) apparently this is a new thing of Verizon offering sim cards? Also as far as I know Sprint is CDMA. unless they too are changing to the gsm world. gotta remember technology is always changing so what may be true at one point may not be true later :)

I have had 4 different Verizon phones, 3 of them Android based, none had a sim card.

LJHicks2007

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013

LJHicks2007

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Update: After a lot of hours researching this, I happen to run across Flashedphones.net. I have a Samsung Galaxy II that is CDMA and wanted to move to the Straight Talk Verizon towers because Sprint is very poor in my area. I had to send them my phone, but their turn around time was one day on their end. I couldn't be more pleased that I'm able to keep my phone and also be on the ST Verizon network; I now have great signal at my home that I haven't had in years. They were very professional and even set up my ST account for me. I couldn't be more happy with them. While my phone was en route, I borrowed my dad's cell phone and had my number forwarded to it, but forgot to ask the guys at Flashedphones to forward on the way back, so for a few days people who called my number got the message that my voice mail wasn't set up, but that was really the only glitch that could have been avoided.

Neva J Meador

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
thats not true i have a verizon android lucid lg.in which i am useing now.i have a sims card.its right above my battery.plus when i turn my phone on and off it twlls me restoring the sims card.:)

It's not used the same way as a sim card in other phones. See some of the links bellow.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080722202849AAT51WZ

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20030117-233.html <--- Read #2

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-4s/229939-do-verizon-iphone-4s-use-sim-cards.html

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1716477-Bring-your-own-device-Does-Verizon-use-SIM-cards

Bob Gawle

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

Bob Gawle

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
I was with Verizon for years an got tired of the contract it and paying all that money every month. Have been with Straight talk since the First of this year (2013) have a Samsung Show case Smart phone on Verizon towers and have had great service and reception. $ dollars and a couple dollars in tax ad I know what my bill is every month and I got out my contract with Verizon early by paying a fee and am still ahead of the game. I swear by it.

Read the links in the post above.

wdreck

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

wdreck

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Hi, I couldn't help but jump in and and say Verizon runs their phones on cdma which requires no sims card but when 4g LTE came out they then installed a sims card for 4G, so if you have a phone with no sims card it must be a 3G phone which is compatible with straight talk. Even though you see a sims card this doesn't mean it is a phone like from say AT&T. it only runs the 4G aspect of the phone

DSherrill

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

When I got my husband's Straight Talk at Wal Mart the Sales Associate pointed out to me that it says on the boxes of the different phones which use AT&T and which use Verizon. His phone looks like a BlackBerry, but it is made by Samsung. Between the 2 of us, changing to Straight Talk from Verizon saves us $90.00 a month and we get 1000 more minutes and text messages than we did before. Also when he is driving in rural areas, which he has to do for his job, he has the same coverage he had when we were on Verizon.

DSherrill

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
When I got my husband's Straight Talk at Wal Mart the Sales Associate pointed out to me that it says on the boxes of the different phones which use AT&T and which use Verizon. His phone looks like a BlackBerry, but it is made by Samsung. Between the 2 of us, changing to Straight Talk from Verizon saves us $90.00 a month and we get 1000 more minutes and text messages than we did before. Also when he is driving in rural areas, which he has to do for his job, he has the same coverage he had when we were on Verizon.