Streaming Video and Audio desync

Alistair401

Estimable
Jun 4, 2014
Hi Tom's Hardware!
There wasn't a web browser category so I had to put this in Windows 8.
My problem is that whenever watching videos online on Netflix or Youtube after a few minutes the audio begins to go out of sync with the video (The video always lags behind the Audio suggesting frame skips). Funnily enough this has been happening on my laptop as well as my desktop. This rules out: internet issues (I've used different connections on my laptop) and hardware issues (My desktop has mid/high-end specs). The issue only occurs with online video and not offline.
Can anyone help? I don't want to switch to a different browser as I like using Chrome.

EDIT: 13thmonkey) I haven't tried the Win8 app since I use proxies to fool Netflix. rhym1n) Thanks for the suggestion but you're right that it's probably not driver issues. Indeed this does seem crazy but that's why I'm here

rhym1n

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
I was going to offer some things to try until you said it happens to another device. That is just crazy, especially if you have tried different networks. If it was a single device issue, I would say try to uninstall/reinstall drivers as a first step.

Alistair401

Estimable
Jun 4, 2014
[strike]So it's been a while but I finally got sick of desynced audio. I looked around for a really long time all over the internet and found my answer on youtube. It's something wrong with a version of the flash plugin for chrome. You've got to go to chrome://plugins and disable the adobe flash player plugin that's location mentions 'pepperflash'. I guess it must just be a glitch.[/strike]

EDIT: Above solution seems to only be a temporary fix for some players. This doesn't seem to work on Netflix so I'll be trying more stuff later on

kapitalistas

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
so thats the solution!!?!??!

Alistair401

Estimable
Jun 4, 2014

That was the solution a long time ago. I didn't pick that. Anyway it turns out my suggestion doesn't help either. It seemed to fix it but only on YouTube, not on Netflix or any other video streaming. This probably means it's some sort of flash player issue and other people do seem to have had the same problem so it's not hardware specific.

kapitalistas

Estimable
Feb 10, 2014
i see so you can unselect that solution.

Alistair401

Estimable
Jun 4, 2014

Since I didn't select that solution I don't think I can unselect it unless I'm being particularly silly and there's something I'm missing :p