Stuck between two Lenovo Laptops

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mike BD

Estimable
May 3, 2015
Buying the G505S.
Checked all prices I found according to all good Intel 4th and 5th gen laptops and APU's got their noses in front.
Regards.

Iamsoda

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015

You want my friends used one? LOL I can get you a good price.

Giru Out

Estimable
May 8, 2015
I have had a really bad experience with lenovo laptop regarding gaming. i am using lenovo z570 i3 2ghz with 1 gb 520m dedicated graphics. Its a complete shit when comes to gaming perfomance. The last good game which ran comfortably on medium settings was COD black ops 2 (bot not in ultra or high settings). Then modern games like ghosts, battlefield, batman, fifa etc are just junplayable due to heavy lag and bad laptop performance.

After going through the specs of g505s which is even more lower than the current lenovo laptop which i am using. I would suggest please don't go for lenovo laptop if u really are into gaming because with that low cpu you can't even run modern games in low settings.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-3110M-vs-AMD-A8-4500M

You need atleast i3 5th gen or i5 4th generation to run modern games atleast in low settings.

I know many asus laptop with in same price range with much much better cpu and graphic card

Mike BD

Estimable
May 3, 2015
Ok.
What makes me worry that much is the price of the FCBGA 1168 motherboards when we come about separately buying.
More [or even hugely more,depending on the model] than any AMD FS1R1 or FS1R2 motherboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop General Discussion 0
E Laptop General Discussion 1
gavy6662 Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 1
C Laptop General Discussion 0
4 Laptop General Discussion 0
A Laptop General Discussion 3
L Laptop General Discussion 1