Stuck in start-up set up loop

Weesilvie

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
Hi, I have a brand new Asus UX310 laptop, delivered this morning, but I can't get into it! I switch on, choose my language, customise settings, then it says 'just a moment' and then restarts, back to choosing language. Aargh!

Hoping there's an easy solution, please help!

Solution
Sounds like you are in a update boot loop. Either that or the device is not working correctly.

First try this. Turn off your internet access. Either turn off your WiFi or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any access. Then restart it. If it is the update loop I was referring to, it should start up once you aren't connected to any internet. Then, once it is up and going, you can then connect.

If the above doesn't work, then you may well have a defective product and need to get them to replace it.
Sounds like you are in a update boot loop. Either that or the device is not working correctly.

First try this. Turn off your internet access. Either turn off your WiFi or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any access. Then restart it. If it is the update loop I was referring to, it should start up once you aren't connected to any internet. Then, once it is up and going, you can then connect.

If the above doesn't work, then you may well have a defective product and need to get them to replace it.

Solution