Stuck in Windows 10 set up after a full factory reset

Aname01

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
I did full factory reset of my acer aspire Es 15 and now I'm going through the set up and I gonly through the first screen ( so location language keyboard time zone) then I select my Internet then I get the artty settings screen where I can use express settings or custom ( I've done both ) then it says just a moment after a minute or so the screen blinks then my laptop restarts ( so it puts up the Acer logo) and then brings me back to the first set up screen.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Hello... DL WIn 10 install media and use their install procedure... and when asked for a key, you can say none? or leave blank? (see 5b of instructions)... Microsoft will have a Online record of the activation.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
You will need to do this on a working Computer with a internet connection... the instructions given are pretty clear to me... the TOOL will walk you through creating a "BOOTable" install media. B )

Aname01

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Ironsounds what do you mean by Bootable media and yes. As well I'm new here and have not figured out if there is a specific way to replay yet so if there is that would also be great to know.

Aname01

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
I did the reset so that it would run better, I looked up factory reset in the windows search bar clicked factory reset went thought the reset proses did a full clean with the reset then when it was done I turned it on then tried to set it up again

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Hello... 6) Do you have a manual or PDF DL for this Laptop? for their instructions/advice?
7) Do you have any DOS bootable utility/tool? so we can see what files/partitions are on your Drive right Now?
8) Do you have another working OS/computer to DL and make a Win 10 BOOTable install media/drive?

Typically you should make Backup/Recovery/Driver install media/DVD FIRST, with a option from the ACER APP or even a Microsoft APP.

You choosing "FULL Clean" over other options (re-fresh?) could have wiped your drive and the Recovery/Backup/Driver media might be needed with it? B /

There are great laptop experts here.... and will see this POST and chime in later for their experiences and Help B )

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Hello... You could pickup a 16GB USB2 stick and go over to friends/relative's house and DL/make a WIN10 install USB, on their computer, also use another smaller USB stick to download your Drivers and utilities from ACER ( if you don't want to wait for further help here ) This could speed up the process of getting your laptop working again... B ) ...this is also handy and important items to have on hand for future problems.
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support this is a US site but you may want to google for your country's site/support for your model #

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Hello... Does your Acer have a OS license sticker on it? you can re-use/re-activate that Key for the OS... DLing and using any different Microsoft product has a 30 day or more trial period. Microsoft will have a record of any OS activation on your Laptop, and a simple phone call may be required to complete the activation again.

What is the OS history on the laptop?

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Hello... NEW or Used?
What OS is on the Sticker?
It is possible to order Driver DISKs/MEDIA from the maker for it... these are great thing to have on hand for your machine for fast recovery.
Typically these companies put a Notice in the BOX with them, Recommending the New owners too make Backup media before using the Machine.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Hello... DL WIn 10 install media and use their install procedure... and when asked for a key, you can say none? or leave blank? (see 5b of instructions)... Microsoft will have a Online record of the activation.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
You will need to do this on a working Computer with a internet connection... the instructions given are pretty clear to me... the TOOL will walk you through creating a "BOOTable" install media. B )

Aname01

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
To continue with the installation it tells me to unplug the USB And restart my computer but when I do that it brings me back to the set up presses form before and I can't install windows 10.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Hello... Did you do a clean install? remove all the previous Partitions on the Drive first (custom install)? your OLD data could be still on the HD boot partition B / the NEW bootable partition/Data needs to be made on it. Remove all the Partitions first, the install media will create New Partitions on it for you. ( it may take a couple of re-boots (custom install) to get them all...)

"Clean Install' means deleting all previous "Partitions" on the HD/SSD ( using the install media )... before install of the OS.

1) Install/Boot from your Windows install media.
2) Type in needed data and complete information screens.
3) "Type of install" screen choose "Custom Install"
4) When HD/SSD/Drive information screen is Displayed click the "Drive options" app below.
5) Highlight a "Partition" and click delete.
6) Repeat till there are NO more "Partitions" visible.
6a) sometimes it takes a few "re-boots" with the install media to get them all.
7) When your drive is "Clean" Start/click the OS "Install" and the Windows "Install button" And the install will start... AND will create the needed "New Partitions" on it.

Can you enter a BIO's screen? to check your BOOT/Hardware/HD information?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
agrydon Laptop Tech Support 6
SnackinMcCracken Laptop Tech Support 1
mfenton27 Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 7
Goran Petric Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1