Student / Gaming Laptop Help

xoxo_ar

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
1_What is your budget?
$2000

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I think my current one is 15", I don't know if it will affect movies running.. but if it does - I'd like the best one for movies/shows because I occassionlly watch alot.

3_What screen resolution do you want?
1280x800

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable Replacement Laptop

5_How much battery life do you need?
Erm.. alot. I tend to leave my current laptop on even when I'm not using it. 8+ hours would be nice.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Only game I am desperate to play is The Sims 3. It won't run on this laptop, and I might play some other games too. High would be good :p
Note: I have a PS3 - so I would be playing most games on that but I might want to play exclusive laptop or Xbox 360 games.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
I might do alittle photoshopping - nothing heavy. Watching movies and shows - yes. Also, downloading them. I once downloaded a 1.5 GB movie and it didn't run on my laptop, I wasted over a week or less downloading and getting my hopes high but it would lag every second -.- Playing HD movies/shows.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
Well, I would like to store most of my downloads, Weekly basis.. I might download 1000 MB. I have 75 GB on my current laptop and I once had to delete alot of files because it was full.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
none.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Over 3 to 4 years. 5+ .. As long as it doesn't run slow, or gets damaged. :)

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD writeer or blu-ray. Whichever.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Previously owned a COMPAQ (Wanna stay away from that one..) I own a Toshiba. My sister owned a HP which got damaged and now she bought a Macbook Pro with 4 GB RAM; 300 GB space and 2.8 GHz .. Should I get the same one? :X Not really interested in Dell. Idk?

13_What country do you live in?
Middle East - Qatar to be specific (it's near Dubai)

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
<3

Thank you,
xoxo.

xoxo_ar

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
Ok, battery life isn't really important. 4 is okay.
Is 1.73GHz good? My current laptop is 1.8 GHz and it's not really that fast.
Is the graphics part good? I don't read computer :p

Graphics
GPU/VPU NVIDIA GeForce 310M
Video Memory Dedicated 512MB
Graphic Type Dedicated Card