Style S20 or Inspiron 14 7000?

rubervaldo66

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Hey, looking for a new laptop for general usage such as work,browsing and studies. I want portability, so I need to decide between these two. Dell Inspiron 14 with the i5-7500u CPU,1TB HDD, nVidia 940MX and 8GB RAM or Samsung Style S20 with i5-5200u, 256GB SSD and 4GB RAM. Which of these will be faster? Samsung's 300US$ cheaper in my country, but it doesn't have a video card and it is really important, since I watch a lot of videos, but I really think the SSD, which is not available on the Dell, has a huge role here.

Solution
The Kaby Lake in the Dell is noticeably faster than the Broadwell in the Samsung. The Dell already has 8GBs of RAM and with the GTX 940MX card you can watch videos and play mid-range games at decent settings.

Judging by various YouTube videos you can upgrade the mechanical HDD in the Dell fairly easily. The Samsung has looks and a 256GB SSD going for it, but with only 4GBs of RAM and an HD 5500 IGP the S20 seems a confusing mess.

The Dell is definitely worth the extra $300 and the one to get. And start saving up for a good SSD - that's going to be tremendous improvement.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.
The Kaby Lake in the Dell is noticeably faster than the Broadwell in the Samsung. The Dell already has 8GBs of RAM and with the GTX 940MX card you can watch videos and play mid-range games at decent settings.

Judging by various YouTube videos you can upgrade the mechanical HDD in the Dell fairly easily. The Samsung has looks and a 256GB SSD going for it, but with only 4GBs of RAM and an HD 5500 IGP the S20 seems a confusing mess.

The Dell is definitely worth the extra $300 and the one to get. And start saving up for a good SSD - that's going to be tremendous improvement.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

Solution