Stylo 2 doesn't have SD card option

Sep 12, 2018
I am trying to put an SD card into my stylo 2. When I go to settings/storage there is no SD card option. It's like my phone doesn't support them yet there is a slot for one. The only option that has anything to do with an sd card is "encrypt SD card"., otherwise I see nothing else pertaining to it. Id like to save my pictures to it but I have no idea how to. Can anyone help

Solution
As I said, you don't need an 'option' for it. You don't transfer files that way. Are you trying to move files (photos, music, etc.) to the card? That would be done through the phone's file manager app. If it doesn't have one, then you would have to install one. Or, you can always connect it to a computer via USB cord and move the files through that connection. Either way works, just the file manager app one can take longer since you cannot move a lot of files at once.

And as stated above, you just then have to set up the app (like camera) to save their files to the card instead of the phone.
You don't need an 'option' you just need to insert a card. Here are the specs on that phone... https://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-Stylo-2_id10327

You just need to insert the right kind of SD card and then follow the prompts you will be given on installing it (if given any).

Once it is installed, then you should be able to set up the camera app to save the photos to the card rather than the phone. You would make this change in the camera app's settings (not the phone's settings).

Sep 12, 2018
When I insert the SD card, nothing happens. If I go to my storage area, there's no SD card option for anything. There's not a way to transfer the photos to it, from what I can see. It's very confusing. I've used many different kinds, all new, It's just like my particular phone doesn't recognize any SD cards.

As I said, you don't need an 'option' for it. You don't transfer files that way. Are you trying to move files (photos, music, etc.) to the card? That would be done through the phone's file manager app. If it doesn't have one, then you would have to install one. Or, you can always connect it to a computer via USB cord and move the files through that connection. Either way works, just the file manager app one can take longer since you cannot move a lot of files at once.

And as stated above, you just then have to set up the app (like camera) to save their files to the card instead of the phone.

Solution