Solved! Subtitle doesn't work when i connect my phone with SONY BRAVIA TV via usb

Rohit35

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015
I have a Sony Bravia TV model no. KLV-32R302D. I'm having trouble with the subtitle feature for Smartphones connected via USB. Even though there's a .srt file in a folder with the same name as the video, but still on pressing the subtitle button all I get is "subtitle not available". Also, while using a pen drive I do not face any issue with subtitle. Is there any solution to this problem (other than merging video with subtitle)?

Solution
are you broadcasting from phone to tv, or using the phone as a hard drive to play the video, I am asking because the pen drive is basically a usb hdd for the TV.

if your phone broadcasting to TV, the phone has to handle the sub titles function not the tv,
but when you play a video on a pen drive using the TV the TV is responsible to find the srt file.
are you broadcasting from phone to tv, or using the phone as a hard drive to play the video, I am asking because the pen drive is basically a usb hdd for the TV.

if your phone broadcasting to TV, the phone has to handle the sub titles function not the tv,
but when you play a video on a pen drive using the TV the TV is responsible to find the srt file.

Solution

Rohit35

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015

I am using the phone as a hard drive to play the video via usb data cable.