antonymus19

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
I wanted to watch MKV files from an external hard drive (USB 3.0), and in the same file I added the corresponding subtitles (with the same name), but when I connect the USB device to my samsung LED tv, and I play one of the video files, there are no subtitles and even if I press the subtitles button on the remote control, it says that it's not possible...

How can I make my tv to read the subtitles ???
any help is appreciated

pm4

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
I would check manual for your TV it should have section about supported video, audio and subtitle formats.
There you should see if your format of subtitles is supported, if it's not there are plenty of free software on net which can convert subtitles for you between different formats.

antonymus19

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013

but they are .srt files and I already watched many movies with .srt subtitles on the same bluray player...

pm4

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014

Can you post exact model of your TV please?

And what it have with blu-ray player? If you use blu-ray player that one process subtitles and everything and just send signal through hdmi to your TV. In this case TV itself try to read subtitles.
Problem may be that TV may enforce exact format for subtitles. Many video players on PC are not so strict and if there is error in subtitles they just ignore it, but maybe your TV found some error and because of that did not load subtitles at all.
Quick search on google found me that it's quite common problem for samsung TV (maybe other brands too) that it do not play SRT subtitles or just part of it and reason is often some error in subtitles.