Subwoofer mounting diameter

Alexander_56

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
I just recently bought a pair of subwoofers in a box off craigslist (stupid, I know) and I got them professionally installed, when the guy brought me outside to test them out the first time, he told me they're blown. They were the old Rockford Fosgate p1 10 inch, I just bought some newer p1's. the cutout diameter of the old ones are 9.25 inches, the cutout diameter of the new ones are 9.125 inches. Will these new ones still work?

Also, the new ones say they are 50-250 Watts RMS and the old ones are 150 Watts RMS, The amp that they came with is 300 watts, will I be fine with that one?

Thanks!

Solution

Still thinking about this? Matter in regard to what?

The installer may have to drill new screw holes, do some filling... like I said carpentry stuff.
Diameter: Hard to say. In a home installation, I say 0.1" can be easily adjusted, but in a car, everything is tighter. This is up to the skill of your installer.

Power: Easy enough dude. You want an amp that's able to drive the speaker to its max. So the amp is able put out 300w, and it was paired with a 150w speaker? no wonder it was blown. 250w now is better but still underpowered for that amp. Don't turn it up pass 70% dude.

Alexander_56

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

When I bought them, they were already in the box, I just had them do the wiring.

Oh, is in its own box, then well, is simple carpentry isn't it. Do you own tools and know how to use? if not and prob, am sure the installer can get it fit for you. One thing I learn about car installs, EXPECT to have to make adjustments. As long as the ohms, type (sealed or bass reflex), and baffle volume required are within parameters then you are good to go.

Alexander_56

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

ok, so the slight change in mounting diameter should not matter?