Subwoofer not outputting in 4.1.

taxyourbrain28

Prominent
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Marantz SR5600 AV receiver and I recently noticed a problem regarding my subwoofer. I only have a 4.1 system but when I play music through it, nothing comes out of the subwoofer. I've made sure everything is connected and that there are no broken wires. It's also strange because when I change it to 5.1, I get sub output but as soon as i change it back, nothing come through.

Solution
If you have your left and right front speakers set to large try setting them to small in the speaker set up menu.
When you have them set to large the subwoofer is a low frequency effects channel which will only work with movies. When you set them to small the receiver knows that you need to subwoofer for music too.
If you have your left and right front speakers set to large try setting them to small in the speaker set up menu.
When you have them set to large the subwoofer is a low frequency effects channel which will only work with movies. When you set them to small the receiver knows that you need to subwoofer for music too.

Solution